Self-Care Mobile App Case Study
This group project was worked on for a whole semester (4 months). There were a lot of steps that we had to follow through. But the basis of it is to brainstorm on a defined problem, gather information from it through surveys, and from the survey, create a solution that will work best with the problem chosen. We then have to create a low/medium-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity wireframes, then prototype them.
For our group, we initially looked into college students (~ages 18-30) and decided to build a self-care app. It then transformed into a “habit builder” app to help those working remotely-or just need assistance with tracking new healthy habits.
- During the first stage of the project, my group members and I had troubles deciding on which problem to tackle in the amount of time we were given.
- We had confusion in understanding some of the deliverables stated in the first few stages.
- We didn’t know whether we actually had to hand code the project in the end or just have a prototype.
- “Should we converge during this section of the project? Or just discuss it as a group?”
- “Who should be our target audiences for our app?”
High-Fidelity Wireframes & Prototype
Although we did have 4 months to create our product, we weren’t able to finish it entirely as planned due to simultaneously working on multiple projects similar to this; along with practicum and internships. We were able to compile all our presentation slides, wireframes, and branding but we were not able to fully prototype the design. There are some buttons that do not work as it does not have pages to link to. But overall, the most important pages and buttons are available for viewing. Also, my group members and I have created a friendship after working together, which shows that no matter what, creating personal connections is one of the most important things out there!
This was a group project (5 people). My responsibilities included:
- UI Designer
- Graphic Designer
- UX Researcher/Designer
- Adobe XD
- Google Slides
Started: January 2022
Ended: April 2022