Restaurant Website Case Study
The Mission: 🎯
For this personal project, I focused on improving and reviewing my knowledge in the UI/UX field on web design. The goal was to help users easily navigate through this new restaurant website while capturing their attention throughout with a captivating interface. I wanted to highlight the most important notes that were mentioned in the user personas and implement those elements onto the site for everyone’s benefit.
Challenges Faced: 🤔
- I had to create my wireframes through Figma, which was a challenge for me since I’ve never used it before. Prior to that, I used Adobe XD.
- “Which colour palette should I use for my branding that can make this appealing to look at and not strain people’s eyes?”
- “I’m not that used to the Laws of UX just yet, but I need to keep it in mind when creating this site.”
- Considering I have never used Figma before, I had to quickly learn where the elements were. Though it does have very similar components to Adobe XD, there are definitely some differences to it.
- “What’s usually in a casual restaurant website? I need to do some comparisons and note down the most frequent elements/layouts are used.”
- “I was planning on putting this menu bar here. But I have no idea how to do it on Figma. I should find an alternative solution.”
- I had to research that the prototyping area in Figma did not have a responsiveness feature to it.
Throughout my journey in creating this design, I have managed to put together the website wireframes and prototype well enough to what I imagined it to be. I have settled for a slick and minimal design to not confuse the user and get them to easily navigate around the website. I’ve also decided to change the sticky side menu bar that was originally in the medium-fidelity wireframe into a top sticky instead since I had trouble figuring out how to make it on Figma. On the up-side, it did create more white space for the menu, allowing more breathing room for the elements.
This was a solo project. Responsibilities included:
- UI Design
- UX Design/Research
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
Started: March 1, 2022
Ended: March 28, 2022